Since our establishment in 1917, the school is known in the district for providing a diverse range of learning tasks in a multi-age setting and involving a supportive community in school life. Respectful of the past, but firmly focused on the future, our vision is to provide quality education that meets the differentiated needs of every child, empowering them with confidence, knowledge, skills and resilience necessary to participate in our changing society.
- Be respectful.
- Be responsible.
- Be safe.
What we provide for all students
- The Australian Curriculum is used for planning, teaching and assessing English, Mathematics, Science, History and Geography. State School’s Curriculum into the Classroom (C2C) materials are used as supporting documents for these key learning areas.
- At Guluguba State School, small class sizes allows for individualised learning and differentiation.
- High level of pedagogy (teaching practices) to engage all students.
- Health and physical education
- Languages other than English (LOTE) – Japanese through Brisbane School of Distance Education (BSDE)
- Speech therapists and Guidance officer is available
- Performing arts experiences.
- Small school camps – once every two years with another small school.
- Sporting clinics.
- Excursions – curriculum related.